We at the Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry focus on comprehensive oral health care needs of a child from infancy to adulthood and provide comprehensive, therapeutic as well as preventive care to all children including those with special care needs.
Since most of the dental diseases and oral health problems have their origin in childhood the department believes strongly in preventive care in the form of anticipatory guidance, school oral health programs (Nanhe Kadam), educating parents and children through a dedicated oral hygiene bay in the department. Providing affordable quality care and healthy smiles for all is the goal of the department and all the programs of the department are directed to achieve the same.
Overall department Achievements
- Won 1st consolation prize for children's day(week) celebration contest and 3rd prize in 'Short awareness video' category at National level by Indian Society of Pedodontics Preventive Dentistry, December 2020.
- Organized the pre-conference courses for Pedocon 2018 National conference of ISPPD.
- Conducted the Inaugural function of Pedocon 2018 National conference of ISPPD
Received a copyright for work titled, 'CLINICAL DENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY SETTINGS SIMPLIFIED' dated 10th May 2022, from Copyright office, Govt. Of India.
- Dr Devendra Nagpal delivered a guest lecture online for IDA Akola branch on 'Clinical Dental Photography' on 6th Feb 2022
- Dr. Devendra Nagpal appointed as resource person for value added course, 'Behaviour management in Pediatric Dentistry' by Department of Pediatric Dentistry, DY Patil, Deemed to be University, School of Dentistry, Navi Mumbai.
- Dr. Devendra Nagpal, Guest lecture on the topic of ‘Dental photography Equipment and Basics’ at the ‘Dr. R Ahmed Centenary Celebration Dental Education Webinar series on 21 st Nov 2020’ hosted by Indian Dental Association National Branch
- Participated as a faculty on Paediatric Dentistry subject in the ‘Rapid Revision Live Lecture Series’ for Fourth BDS Students organized by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik in 21 st June 2020
- Guest lecture on Dental photography tips and tricks at 3rd CDE Master series of Nagpur IDA on 25th Feb 2019
- Guest speaker on Dental photography at Nair hospital dental college, Mumbai 2019
- Selected in top 20 in the International Dental Photography Calendar 2019 Competition by Dental Photography School
- Awarded 3rd Prize at Dental Photography International Calendar for 2018 by Dental Photography School
- Reviewer for JISPPD, the official journal of ISSPD
- Chapter contribution in Textbook of Pediatric dentistry by Dr.S.G Damle 2017, 5th edition
- Guest speaker at Hello Doctor program at Akashwani FM radio on July 2017
Dr. Gagandeep Lamba
- Dr Gagandeep Lamba recieved copyright for a video titled, 'USE OF ORAL HERBAL WIPES FOR ORAL HYGIENE IN
CHILDREN: A STUDY PROTOCOL from office GOI.
- Won 1 st prize in e-poster competition held in Dentocon 2 ,online conference held by the Faculty of Dentistry , Jamia Millia Islamia in collaboration with IESRF in January 2022.
- Guest Lecture on the topic:” Black is the new non-carious – An update” at 42nd National ISPPD (Virtual) Conference of Pediatric Dentistry, PED ‘O’ DISHA 2021
- Received a Copyright from Copyright Office, Government of India for the Literary work titled: “Treatment Modalities for primary teeth” on 24th sept 2021
- International Patent (IP Australia) granted for an invention entitled: “Oral wipe and its method of manufacturing thereof”, 2nd July 2021 from The Commissioner of Patent, Australian Government.
- Executive member of ISPPD 2019-20
- Moderator for Pedo RaRe 2020 - an online rapid revision program conducted by ISPPD
- Judge - appointed as judge for essay competition conducted by ISPPD 2020
- Guest lecture for parents on ‘Infant oral health care’ - November 2020
- Completed an online certificate course on Course-era -‘Introduction to systematic review and meta analysis’2020
- Paper presentation at IAPD 2020 Virtual Congress of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- Selected for MUHS LTRG presentation for research 2019
- MOC for inaugural function in Pedocon, 40th ISPPD National Conference Nagpur Oct 2018
- Guest speaker at Hello Doctor program at Akashwani FM radio on July 2017
Dr. Purva Chaudhary
- Completed, Life skills training program "Engage and Evolve - Life skills for resilience" organised by Indian Association of life skills education on 9th May 2022
- Resource person for virtual talk on,'Easy steps to save a knocked out tooth' for School teachers of DPS kamptee road on 8th Dec 2021.
- Received a copyright from Copyright Office, Government of India for the Literary work titled:, “Pediatric dentistry referral card format for screening camps” on 25th Nov 2021
- Completed online academic courses on topics ‘Assessment of learning’ and ‘Language used in curriculum’ conducted by Lord’s Universal College of Education, Mumbai.
- Secured 67% marks in a quiz competition on topic “Language across curriculum” conducted by Lord’s Universal College of Education 2020
- Completed a online course on “Dental Education on COVID -19 preparedness” conducted by Indian Dental Association
- Presented a paper on topic “Dental care of autistic children” at Global Continuing Dental Education Program – 2020 conducted by AFMC pune IDA National branch and FDI CE on 31 st Oct -01 st Nov 2020
- Chairperson in faculty session at PEDOCON 40th ISPPD Conference Nagpur Oct 2018· Speaker at Interns orientation at VSPMDCRC 2017
- Speaker at third-year orientation program at VSPMDCRC 2019
- Organized ISPPD PG convention PedoGuide at Gujarat Feb 2019
- Chairperson at ISPPD PG convention PedoGuide at Vadodara
Dr. Kavita Hotwani
- Resource person for virtual talk titled,' All about Healthy Teeth' for school teachers of DPS Kamptee road on 8th Dec 2021.
- Received 1st prize for best paper in faculty category at national conference of Indian Society of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Pedodisha 2021
- Research Paper presentation on ““Content analysis of smartphone apps promoting toothbrushing for children” at 15th Virtual Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 3rdJuly 2020.
- Research Paper presentation on “Global Interest in Mouthwashes as a Preventive Measure in the Covid-19 Pandemic Scenario: An Infodemiology Analysis” at IAPD2020 virtual congress of International association of Pediatric dentistry, 13th -17th September 2020.
- Guest lecture conducted on topic “Know your pediatric dentist” at VSPMDCRC, Nagpur, 3rd November 2020
- Chairperson in faculty session at PEDOCON 40th ISPPD Conference Nagpur 24th to 26th Oct 2018
- A presented research paper at IADR oral health research conference at Vienna, Austria on 21st September 2017
- Selected for MUHS LTRG presentation for research 2017
- Emerging young talent award at VSPMDCRC January 2017
- Cleared Academy of Laser dentistry, USA exam Feb 2017
- National Institute of Epidemiology & ICMR certification for Health Research fundamentals received an elite category 2016
- Selected as Editorial board member of JISPPD 2016 onwards
Dr. Prabhat Singh
- Recieved copyright for a video titled 'Doodh k danto ke danto ke prati soch badlo' from Copyright office GOI on 30/12/2021
- Resource person for lecture on, 'Oral health of Children' for Anganwadi workers, 8th Dec 2021.
- Lecture for parents coming to anganwadis on the topic “Know Your Pediatric Dentist ” in November 2020
Dr Nikita Nerkar
- Dr Nikita Nerkar PG student received copyright for a video titled, ' USE OF NOVEL HERBAL LOLLIPOPS FOR CARIES
PREVENTION IN CHILDREN: A STUDY PROTOCOL from office GOI.
Dr. Parag Dhake
- Final Year PG, Awarded‘1st Prize’ in E-Poster Competition, PG Category. On the topic ‘3-D Printing and it's Applications in Pediatric Dental Practice’ at NIDACON 2022 organised by Indian Dental Association, Nagpur Branch 8th -10th April 2022
- Won 1st prize in Intercollegiate E poster competition on 6th International Yoga day 21st June 2020
Dr. Shrawani Mankar
- Second prize in paper presentation at 17 th National Pedovention at Jaipur on 14 th February 2020.
- First prize for scientific paper presentations at NIDACON 2020, IDA
Conference, Nagpur on 29/2/2020-01/03/2020.
Dr. Sakshi Bisen
- First position in post-graduate category of paper presentation at NIDACON 26th Jan 2019 Nagpur organized by IDA Nagpur
Dr. Sargam Sortey
- Best presentation award at 38th International conference of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, October 2016
Dr. Sonam Gupta
- Best presentation award at 37th International conference of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Oct 2015
Dr. Dharanshi Amlani
- Won 1st prize for best e-paper in student category at national conference of Indian Society of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Pedodisha 2021
Dr Ayushi Gurharikar
- Received a copyright for work titled, ‘Use of acupressure at EXTRA ONE point for reducing pain on injection during inferior alveolar nerve block in children, A study protocol’ dated 14th June 2022, from Copyright office, Govt. Of India.
Good quality, focussed and ethical research in the area of prevention and non-invasive management of dental caries, behavior management, and pain/anxiety control in dental operatory defines the research profile of the department. The department promotes postgraduate research on contemporary topics like virtual reality and smartphones for behavior management, Local anesthesia technique and solution modifications for better pain control in children. Understanding the local oral health-related problems has been carried out through prevalence studies undertaken by postgraduate students.
- Proposed a modification of Angle’s classification for application in primary dentition and various cross sectional studies have been carried out to validate its application.
- A Braille customized oral health education module for the visually impaired children has been developed by the department.
As on 31 st Dec 2020
Ongoing research projects: 10
Completed research projects: 42
Oral Hygiene And Diet Counseling
Stainless steel crowns and zirconia crowns
मी नरेश गावंडे माझा मुलगा नाव वेदांत गावंडे वय 10 याचा दातांची तपसानी दि. 07-12-2019 पासुन VSPM डेंटल कॉलेज मधे करत आहे.आता पर्यंत इलाज संतोषजनक होत आहे. या मधे डॉक्टर आणि इतर कर्मचार्यानी माला खुप संयोग केले आहे.
मी सुरेंद्र जाांगडे माझ्या मुलीचे डेंटल ट्रीटमेंट VSPM डेंटल कॉलेज व हॉस्पपटल येथे केल. इथे सवव पटाफ ख इतराांना हह इथे ट्रीटमेंट करायला सल्ला देईल .च कॉपीराटीव्ह आहे .मी
मी सुहास इांगोले माझा मुलगा रोहन इांगोले याला दोन वर्ावचा असलापास इलाज साठी VSPM डेंटल कॉलेज व हॉस्पपटल आित आहे.इथे सवव कमचारी आणि डॉक्टर ख सहयोग करिारे आहे. माझा पाल्याचा उपचार योग्य पद्धतीने होत आहे आणि आम्ही समाधानी आहोत .