Dr. R S Shenoi
Professor & HOD
DEPARTMENT OF ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
- International Association of Oral
& Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Association of Oral &
Maxillofacial Surgeons of India
- Indian Dental Association
- American Dental Association – Affiliate Member
- Diabetic Association of India – Nagpur Chapter
A motivated educationist and clinician shaping the careers and personalities of future dental health care professionals to serve the society as competent clinicians.
• Dedicated to academics involving intensive training of graduates, master degreed
students, and Ph.D. Scholars via clinical and didactic approach
• Deep-rooted belief in the field of research in dentistry for better treatment outcomes.
• With vast administrative experience in the senior cadre as the Head of the Department,
Director PG Studies & Vice Dean of the College, I have adeptly dealt with issues
pertaining to Human Resources on many occasions
Presentations, Papers & Publications
Over 95 Presentations and 8 Workshops at national & international specialty and dental
conferences in India and abroad.
One patent Published over 55 articles in journals of repute.
Contributor for sections in two textbooks of Oral Surgery published in India and South Asia
Edition of Rudd Morrow & Rhoads’ “Dental Laboratory Techniques” by Elsevier, December 2016.
Posts & Offices Held
• Scientific Convener, ISOI 2020, Nagpur 2020*
• Course Co-Chair- AOCMF Management of Facial Trauma event Dec 20-21 2019, Nagpur
• Organizing Chairman, 42nd National Congress of AOMSI, Nagpur, 2017
• President, Central India Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2018-
• Member, Board of Studies, Maharashtra University Health Sciences, 2007-12
• Member, Board of Studies, DMIMS University, Wardha 2012
• Convener Scientific, 62nd Indian Dental Conference, Nagpur, 2009
• President, Indian Dental Association, Nagpur Branch, 2006-07
• National Executive Member, Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India
(AOMSI), 2004-05, 2018-19.
• Past Secretary, Indian Dental Association, Nagpur Branch, 2002-04
• Director Medical Services Rotary Club of Nagpur Downtown, 2006-07
• Orange City Hospital and Research Institute Professional Excellence Award Jan 2020
• IADS awards 2020- Best Administrator Jan 2020
• Indian Health Professionals Award – Speaker of the Year 2019 Dec 2019
• Famdent Academician of the year 2019 Nov
• Bitein Award for ‘Outstanding Teacher 2019 Sep
• IADS awards April 2019-
UG Academician of the year 2019
PG Academician of the year 2019
Dental Leadership of the year 2019
• Famdent Academician of the year 2018 Dec 2
• IDRR Golden Tooth Award for excellence in Dental Education 2018 Nov
• Indian Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Certification Examiner Nov 2019.
• Keynote Speech at Golden Jubilee Conference of AOMSI, Bangalore Nov 2019
• Guest Speaker and Workshop Faculty on Predictable Local Anesthesia GDC Aurangabad Sep
• Guest Speaker and Workshop Faculty on Predictable Local Anesthesia GDC Mumbai Sep
• Guest Speaker at the PG orientation Program 2019, Govt. Dental College, Nagpur. July 2019
• Invited Speaker at CUTICON 2018- The Maharashtra State Dermatology Conference Nov
• Invited speaker at the 2nd Indo-Nepal MaxFac Conference, Kathmandu (April 2018)
• Invited speaker for 10th World Cleft Lip Palate Conference, Chennai (Oct 2016)
• Presentations at 22nd International Conference of the International Association of Oral &
Maxillofacial Surgery in Melbourne, Australia and FDI world Dental Conference at
Bangkok, Thailand (Sept & Oct 2015)
• Invited speaker and faculty for workshop on management of medical emergencies in dental
practice at the FDI World Dental Conference, New Delhi (2014)
• Invited speaker and chairman of plenary session at 9th Asian Conference of OMFS at Kuala
Lumpur, Malaysia (Nov 2010)
• Invited speaker at ‘HOSPITREND V’ at Wardha, India (Jan 2015)
• Keynote speaker, faculty, moderator and panelist at many national, state and local
Specialty and dental conferences
• Organized many conferences and workshops at local, zonal and national level
• Co-authored and guided more than 250 papers and posters for PGs, interns & students
• Stood sixth in the state in the post graduate diploma in Hospital and Health Care
• Faculty for Hospital Management course at Nagpur Institute of Medical Sciences since 2013
• Paper setter, examiner in 21 universities in India
• Editorial Board and Reviewer in 8 journals in India
• Radio talks at All India Radio, Radiomirchi, RadioCity, My FM, Big FM
• Rotary GSE Team member to Brazil in 2005
VSPM’s Dental College, Nagpur is one of the premier dental colleges in India that boasts of best in academics, research, and clinical output. The testimonial to this is the results in various exams, accolades won by students and staff of the college at various forums and platforms. The management of the institute led by chairman Shri Ranjit babu Deshmukh, a visionary in the field of academics and himself an icon in the hall of fame of the reputed Manipal University. He has the dynamism and sagacity to bring out the best in the colleges he has established.
The Institute is endowed with extremely dedicated and highly qualified staff coupled with the state of art infrastructure and equipment that would make the student graduating from the college to face the real world confidently at the same time providing the best of patient care to the needy and underprivileged in the region. The staff and students are always encouraged to carry out research and are witnessed by 4 patents registered and innumerable papers published in reputed journals nationally and internationally.
The sprawling campus is a vibrant one that hosts various Professional Continuing Education programs to refine the skills and enhance the knowledge of all the stakeholders regularly as well as extramural activities that are conducted from time to time to ensure the all-round and holistic development of the staff and students.
I feel proud to work in this temple of learning and feel privileged to discharge my duties as the Vice Dean, Director, PG Studies and Professor & Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department.