Health Sciences Education Technology / Dental Education Technology Unit
PRIDE ( Promoting Research & Innovations in Dental Education)
Inauguration of PRIDE Hall & Installation of DET Unit
The Dental Education Technology unit of VSPM dental college and research center, Nagpur was installed at the hands of VC Dr. Arun Jamkar on 10th July 2012. Management of VSPMAHE supported this venture by providing a fully air-conditioned hall with modern AV facilities dedicated to all educational activities to be conducted in the college.
It was inaugurated in this event in presence of Hon’ble chairman Shri Ranjit Deshmukh along with Hon’ble treasurer Shri Ashish Deshmukh. Dean Dr. Usha Radke briefed the august gathering about the vision and mission of the DET Unit and introduced the team members. Vice Dean SR Shenoi reiterated the institution’s commitment to excellence in dental education. A newsletter was released at the hands of Shri Ranjit Deshmukh on this occasion.
Code of Conduct of HSET Committee
- Date of formation of a committee – 10 July 2012
- Functions and objectives of the committee
To provide quality dental healthcare to the community by excellence in dental education.
To create & sustain a well-trained faculty base and to encourage education-related research for academic advancement.
1. Faculty development: training the teachers in framing objectives, selecting proper teaching-learning methods, etc. Design and implement faculty development programs.
2. Conduct education-related research: in the form of inquiry-driven strategies in various aspects of medical education.
3. Serve as a resource center: both for personnel and educational materials.
4. Developing a network with other institutions in India and abroad.
6. Instructional design: to provide guidelines for curriculum development and implement the changes effectively.
1. Structure of Committee: It consists of Dean of the college as chairperson, one HOD as a co-ordinator and all HODs as core committee members, one staff representative from each department.
2. The committee organizes ‘Resident as a Teacher’ and ‘Research Methodology’ workshop every year for post-graduate students.
3. The committee organizes the e-learning training program every year for the faculty
4. The committee organizes various faculty development programs regarding teaching-learning and assessment. Additionally, it promotes educational research by various faculty members in the college.
5. The committee also organizes training programs such as soft skills development, leadership, time management for undergraduate students to improve their academic performance6. The unit publishes ‘PRIDE’, a journal depicting educational research and innovations in teaching-learning practices once in a year.
7. Committee meetings are conducted quarterly to plan and execute the activities.
|Designation||Name of Member|
|Chairperson||Dr. Usha Radke||Dean, Professor, HOD|
|Co-ordinator||Dr. Mukta Motwani||Professor & HOD Dept. of OMR|
|Member||Dr. S. R. Shenoi||Vice Dean, HOD Dept of Oral Surgery|
|Member||Dr. Usha Shenoy||HOD, Dept of Orthodontics|
|Member||Dr. Pratima Shenoi||HOD, Dept of Conservative Dentistry|
|Member||Dr. Alka Dive||HOD, Dept of Oral Pathology|
|Member||Dr. Abhay Kolte||HOD, Dept. of Periodontics|
|Member||Dr.Venugopal Reddy||HOD, Dept of PHD|
|Member||Dr. Devendra Nagpal||HOD, Dept of Pedodontics|
|Member||Dr. Saee Deshpande||Reader, Dept of Prosthodontics|
|Member||Dr. Tapasya Karemore||Reader, Dept of OMR|
|Member||Dr. Apeksha Dhole||Professor, Dept of OMR|
|Member||Dr. Chetana Makade||Asso. Professor, Conservative Dentistry|
|Member||Dr. Kshitij Bang||Reader, Dept of OS|
|Member||Dr. Ananya Hazare||Reader,Dept of Orthodontics|
|Member||Dr. Dhawal Modi||Reader, Dept of Periodontics|
|Member||Dr. Prabhat Singh Yadav||Sr. Lecturer, Dept of Pedodontics|
|Member||Dr. Rohit Moharil||Sr.Lecturer, Dept of Oral Pathology|
|Member||Dr. Jayashree Joshi||Lecturer, Dept of Prosthodontics|
|Member||Dr. Varsha Uttarwar||Lecturer, Dept of Conservative Dentistry|
|Member||Dr. Swapnil Patil||Lecturer, Dept of PHD|