VSPM DCRC offers Post-doctoral degree courses in 6 dental specialities under supervision of MUHS, Nashik. The entire Ph.D. course is monitored in the institution by a Ph.D. cell formed on 17th Oct 2016. Currently the institution is having 7 Ph.D. guides under whom 12 Ph.D.scholars are registered and pursuing the course. Under MUHS Colleges, VSPM DCRC has maximum no. of recognised PhD dept. PhD Guides and registered students.
Currently PhD courses are offered in institute by the following specialties
- Oral medicine and Radiology
- Prosthodontics & crown & bridge
- Oral & maxillofacial surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
Coursewise Intake Capacity and Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Ph.D
Course for A.Y. 2019-20 in the Institute
|Course||Intake Capacity||Eligibility Criteria|
|112102-Ph.D. in Periodontology||3||M.D.S. (PERIODONTOLOGY)|
|112101-Ph.D. in Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge||6||M.D.S. (PROSTHODONTICS AND CROWN BRIDGE)|
|112108-Ph.D. in Oral Pathology and Microbiology||6||M.D.S. (ORAL PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY)|
|112100-Ph.D. in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3||M.D.S. (CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS)|
|112107-Ph.D. in Oral Medicine and Radiology||3||M.D.S. (ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY)|
|112103-Ph.D. 3 in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3||Diploma in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery WITH TWO RESEARCH M.D.S. (ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY)|
Ph.D. Coordination Committee
|Designation||Name of Member|
|Chairperson||Dr. Pratima Shenoi||Professor & HOD, Conservative dentistry|
|Co-Chairperson||Dr. Vrinda Kolte||Professor, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Member Secretary||Dr. Chetana Makade||Reader, Conservative Dentistry|
|Member||Dr. Rajlakshmi Banerjee||Reader, Prosthodontics|
|Reader||Dr Anuraag Choudhari||Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology|
|Reader||Dr Akshay Dhobley||PhD Scholar|
Code of Conduct
- Biannually meetings are conducted for all the PhD guides along with the committee members.
- Committee mainly acts as a link between PhD scholars of the institute and MUHS Nashik.
- It assists in conducting various research methodologies and advanced training workshops for the PhD scholars in association with Post graduate cell.
- Conduction and submission of biannually reports to the MUHS Nashik regarding PhD scholars research work progress.