The Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics headed by Dr. Usha Shenoy is concerned with providing utmost Orthodontic care to a wide range of patients. The emphasis is on providing orthodontic treatment to enhance the facial appearance, efficiency and overall health of the Stomatognathic system. The department is actively involved in providing variety of treatment such as growth modulation using myofunctional and Orthopedic appliances, fixed Orthodontic treatment using various techniques, micro-implants etc.
The essence of an increasing number of patients in the department lies in exhaustive treatment planning, use of the best available clinical material and continuous monitoring by skilled clinical supervisors. There has been a constant increase in the number of patients both children and adults; visiting the department.
Dr. Usha Shenoy: (Prof & Head)
- The only Diplomat of the Indian Board of Orthodontics (DIBO) in Central India
- Fellow of World Federation of Orthodontics
- Member of Board of studies
- Editor and reviewer of a various national and international journal
- Attended Symposium on assessment of health sciences college on basics of NAAC parameters Organized by MUHS, NASHIK - 13th Nov 2019
- Contributed to National Integrated typhodont workshop – Ortho-bandhan 5th ,6th and 7th sept 2019
- Dr. Sujoy Banerjee (Reader)
- Guest lecture at NIDACON 2016- pain in Orthodontics
- Guest Lecture IDA Buldana 2016- What, Where, When
- Guest lecture at NIDACON 2017- Mixed Dentition
Dr. Ananya Hazare (Reader)
- Awarded Indian Council of Medical Research ( ICMR ) grant for research thesis.
- Presented scientific paper at 10th European Craniofacial Congress, Gothenburg .Sweden
- Invited as Key note speaker at International workshop on Orofacial pain and TMD , Birmingham UK
- Associate editor at IDES, Research and Practice of Dental Sciences Journal. Published by the prestigious Association of Medical and Dental Doctors Society (AMDD)
- Appointed as reviewer in Nigerian Journal of Clinical Orthodontics (PubMed Indexed)
- Appointed as reviewer in Orthodontics and craniofacial research (PubMed Indexed)
- Successfully completed and qualified the exam for 3 days workshop in Basic Online research methodology by REST Society for Research International
Dr. Himija Karia (Senior Lecturer)
- Received ICMR scholarship for MDS dissertation.
- Recipient of the prestigious Dr. J.G.Kannappan award for best dissertation at 51st Indian Orthodontic Conference, Goa 2016.
- Won the “Dr. Shivratna C Savadi’s award for best research paper” presented at the 51st IOC Goa in 2016.
- Topped the Phase II examination of the “Indian Board of Orthodontics” held at 52nd IOC Jaipur in November 2017.
- Won the “International College of Dentist’s Silver Award” for scientific paper presentation at Famdent Show, held at Nagpur in March 2018
Dr. Sangita Bhattacharya (Lecturer)
- Judge for poster competition at NIDACON
The department of Orthodontics focuses mainly on clinical research. Various studies have been conducted so far to compare the clinical effects of different orthodontic techniques. Research is being carried out using various tools such as Nemoceph, FEM, etc. We at the Department of Orthodontics are also conducting clinical research along with other allied departments. Having an MOU with an engineering college helps us in conducting studies related to mechanics and appliance design.
Ongoing research projects: 9
Completed research projects: 50
- Alignment of teeth
- Correction of skeletal jaw problems
- Growth modulation
- Orthodontic treatment of syndromes, trauma, Ankylosis
- Treatment of Cleft lip and palate
- Interdisciplinary Orthodontics
- Adult Orthodontics
- Removable appliances
- Myo-functional appliances
- Fixed functional appliances
- Orthopedic appliances
- Fixed braces- Begg’s technique, Roth, MBT, Alexander
- Lingual braces
- Self ligating
- Clear aligners