Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, is endowed with committed, earnest and experienced faculty all of whom along with the student are devoted to providing holistic contemporary treatment to the community. A center of excellence is also being developed to acquaint and upskill the students about newer treatment modalities. Academically the department displays virtuosity in research with 238 publication and research work research, 2 books, the contribution of chapters in a book. Three patents are registered with Govt. of India on use of Herbs and reduction of environmental hazards.
AVISHKAR a prestigious all India research convention is held annually in all states to foster research & invention among postgraduates and staff. This department has won the first position Four consecutive years at the state level category and received a scholarship for the same. from MUHS. Dr. Ameya Paralikar and Dr. Swati Demble Pg Alumni have secured the second position in the Final MDS examination of the State Health University. The department has proudly accomplished 58 national prizes at various conferences and conventions. Department also holds a strong position at the international level through its representation at various conferences. The department hosted a PG alumni meet which was a successful mutual endeavor.
Department deals with all the treatments of teeth which alleviate pain due to pulp diseases and provide immediate solace to the patient. It also deals with the esthetic rehabilitation of the discolored, broken, mutilated teeth. Advanced endodontic treatment including micro-endodontics and regenerative therapy are also performed. Our department aims at creating and achieving excellence in the field of research and scientific development.
Department of Conservative dentistry and Endodontics
- Successfully organised An Advanced Endodontic workshop from 29th Jan to 31st Jan 2020. Dr.VivekHegde was the Speaker and the Mentor for the workshop. Total 8 candidates participated in workshop.
- Successfully Organised Cons-Endo week by the Department from 1st - 6th March
- Successfully organised an online learning scientific extravaganza “One Month One Hour- E-link fest 2020” from 1st July to 30th July 2020. 26 eminent speakers across the globe were invited to deliver lectures on various topics on Endodontics, Restorative Dentistry, Research protocols and Tips on healthy Mind and Body of Health care.
- Successfully organised an online webinar on Heat of Pandemic, Metamorphosis of dentistry: Play it Safe by Dr.VivekHegde in collaboration with Infection Control Committee , VSPM’s DCRC on 9th Nov 2020
- Total 10 books published by the department throughout the year 2020
- Contribution of Chapter in Textbook of Endodontics (EMMESS)
- Contribution of Chapter in Essentials of Preclinical of Conservative Dentistry (Wolters Kluwer)
- Recent advances in Armamentarium ofshaping & cleaning (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Veneers (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Adhesion to Tooth Structure (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Restoration of Endodontically treated teeth (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Vital Pulp Therapy (Sara Book Publication)
- Endo Perio Relationship (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Dental Age Estimation in adults (Lambert Academic Publishing)
- Endodontic Retreatment - Success or Failure of Endodontic therapy (Kindle Publication)
Dr. Pratima Shenoi, Professor & Head of the Department
- Publication- 79 publications in International and national journals. 13 in Pubmed journals
- The national speaker in various Pg Convention, National Conferences, And Local Ida chapters
- Registered 3 patents with GOI: Gypsum products in dentistry and its environmental hazards (2019), Herbal Decontamination of Toothbrush (Idea Patent) 2018, GP Herbacare (2018)
- Contributed chapters to 11 textbooks
- Examiner and paper setters at various universities all over India
- Recognized as Ph.D. GUIDE in April 2017 and presently guiding 3Ph.D students
- Chairperson for scientific sessions at various Pg conferences and conventions
- Member of various committees and boards at various universities: Member of Local Inspection Committee, MUHS, Nashik., Member of the editorial team for a journal of conservative dentistry, Member of staff selection committee in MUHS, Board member of PG studies in DMIMS.
- 4 radio talks in ArogyaDhyanSampada program on All India Radio have been broadcasted.
- Awards: MUHS, Nashik Final year University topper 1990, 1STPrize at AVISHKAR 2015, MUHS Nashik, Best individual Performer Award at VSPMS, Annual AWARD 2015, Best individual Performer Award at VSPM’s Annual AWARD, 2014, Awarded as a National Faculty in International Dental students Congress 5.0 in 2020, Invited as a scientific moderator in 12th IFEA World Endodontic Online Congress 2020 & in Kaleidoscope- A Virtual conference organised by Department of conservative dentistry and Endodontics, Army College of Dental sciences in association with IACDE , 2020
- Chairperson for 3- Days Online workshop for Phd Scholars, Organised by PhD Cell, VSPM Dental College & Research centre, Nagpur on 6th-9th Nov 2020Moderator for First MDS PG orientation program organised by IACDE on 30th Nov- 1st Dec 2020
Dr. Rajesh Kubde, Professor
- Invited as a faculty to share the knowledge in Online Post Graduate Orientation Program 2020 held from 15th to 17th Oct 2020 by VSPM’s Dental College and Research centre, Nagpur
- Participated as a judge for a scientific session at 2ndIACDE Zonal Conference (Zone 1) on 28th Nov 2019, Navi Mumbai
- Scientific Paper presented at 2ndIACDE Zonal Conference (Zone 1) on 28th Nov 2019, Navi Mumbai
- Paper presentation at 19thScientific Congress of APEC & 18th IACDE & IES PG Convention, Delhi
- Chairperson at a scientific session at 17thICADE-IES PG CONVENTION, APRIL 2016, BHOPAL
- Scientific paper presentation at 17thICADE-IES PG CONVENTION, APRIL 2016, BHOPAL
- Participated as a judge for the poster competition at 30th IACDE & IES National Conference November 2015, Amritsar
- Scientific paper presentation at 30th IACDE & IES National Conference November 2015, Amritsar
- Chairperson for poster competition at National Endodontic Conference at Hyderabad 2013
- The reviewer of the editorial board for the journal of conservative dentistry and endodontics
- Participated as Judge for Scientific session at 62nd IDA National Conference, Nagpur in Feb’2009
Dr.Chetana Makade, Asso. Professor
- Invited as a faculty to share the knowledge in Online Post Graduate Orientation Program 2020 held from 15th to 17th Oct 2020 by VSPM’s Dental College and Research centre, Nagpur
- “Advanced Certificate Course in Health Sciences Education Technology”, a project entitled “Clinical Evaluation of cavity preparations in III BDS students with and without the use of magnifying Loupes”, MUHS Pune.Jan-July 2016
- Awarded Long term research grant (LTRG/2015-16/E-2/02) from MUHS, Nasik of 71,000/- for project titled “Generation of 3D Finite element model of the tooth using CBCT data and analysis of stress distribution of tooth with & without different dental restorative materials” August 2016.
- MUHS faculty for 3 days Workshop on “Basic teachers training” and Research methodology.
- Awarded 1stPrize at “AVISHKAR-2017” MUHS, Nasik Jan 2018.
- BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMER AWARD of the YEAR-VSPMAHE Jan 2018
- Award by ACE-Nagpur for Outstanding contribution in the field of Conservative Dentistry &Endodontics, March 2019.
- Guest Speaker for CDE & Hands-on workshop at Dr.Rajesh R Kambe Dental College & Hospital, Akola on” Composite Restorations-Transforming Black to Whites”25thMarch 2019.
- Published 3 Patents in Official Journal of Patent Office, INDIA
- GP HERBACARE (EQUIPMENT PATENT) (Application no.201721044968 A dated 05/01/2018)
- Herbal Decontamination of TOOTHBRUSH (IDEA PATENT) (Application No.20721045348 dated 16/02/2018)
- “Gypsum Products in Dentistry & its Environmental Hazards”(Application No.201921011448 A dated 10/05/2019
Dr.Vandana Kokane, Asso.Professor
- Group Commander’s Commendation Card for NCC 96-97
- Defense Secretary Commendation card for NCC 97-98
- Most active IDA(Nagpur Branch) Female member 98-99
- Co-ordinator- National Oral Health Conference for Dental Surgeons, Nagpur 2001
- Judge for Scientific Session at 29thIACDE and 22nd IES National Conference, Jaipur 2014.
- Paper presentation in Scientific Session at 29thIACDE and 22nd IES National Conference, Jaipur Dec 2014.
- Paper presentation in Scientific Session at 30thIACDE and 23rd IES National Conference, Amritsar Nov
- Chairperson at the CDE on Winning Edge held on 29thJan 2017
- Paper presentation in 32ndIACDE & 25TH IES National conference Amritsar Nov 2017
- Paper presentation in 33rdIACDE National conference Vijayawada 16-18 Nov 2018
Dr.Deepika Chandhok, Asso.Professor
- Chief Author of BOOK ‘Conservative dentistry-Basics’ released by Hon. President of India Shri. PranabMukharjee and Hon. DCI President Dr. D Majumdar at RashtrapatiBhavan on 29th May 2017.
- Chief reviewer of book ‘Grossman’s Endodontic Practice’- 14thEdition
- Winner of INDIAN DENTAL DIVA AWARD- Academician of the year 2018
- Chairperson of winning edge, 29th Jan 2017
Dr.Gautam Badole, Asso.Professor
- Publication: 14 articles in Pubmed, 11in International and 1 National article.
- Paper presented- 26thFODI & 19th IES National Conference, Delhi 2011-Comparative evaluation of cytotoxicity of root canal sealers: an in vitro study-
- Paper presented-28th IACDE and 21stIES national conference, Hyderabad 2013. Unusual root canal configuration of Maxillary 1ST Molar – a rare case report.
- Paper presented in 34thIACDE National conference Mumbai, 29thNov – 1st Dec 2019. Management of central incisor associated with periapical lesion fused with supernumerary root.
- Member of the National Editorial and Reviewer Board of the “Indian Journal of Conservative and Endodontics”
- Judge for PG scientific paper presentation in NIDACON 26thJan 2019
- Guest lecture on Oral health during Con- Endo Celebration day 5thMarch 2019
- Chairperson for ‘ Resto- Cons- 2019’ at GDCH, Nagpur 21stSept 2019.
- Chairperson in NIDACON 26thJan 2019
Dr.Mohit Gunwal, Sr.Lecturer
- Publication- 27 publications in International and national journals. 6 in Pubmed journal
- Best Paper 3rdXi Fodi And Ies Convention May 2010 Bangalore.
- Best Paper Xii Fodi And Ies Convention May 2011 Ahmadabad.
- Best Research Paper InVspm Intercollegiate Scientific Meet.
- Faculty For The Hands-On Course On Obturation At 3rd West Zone Pg Convention Held At Pune 2014.
- Faculty Guest Lecture – Colgateindia 2015 – Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Chairperson for The Scientific Session At 28th Iacde & 21st Ies National Conference, Hyderabad 2013.
- Chairperson For The Scientific Session At 3 Rd West Zone Pg Convention Held At Pune 2014.
Dr.Snehal Sonarkar, Sr.Lecturer
- Publication- 27 publications in International and national journals. 4 in Pubmed journals
- Case presentation at Virtual Dental Trauma Conference2020 organised by Indian Society of Dental traumatology on the topic of Conservative management of necrotic tooth and crown fracture in maxillary anterior teeth occurred due to trauma on 16th Oct 2020.
- Best Paper of the Conference. 65thIndian Dental Conference. Mumbai 9th -12th Feb 2012
- Best paper in the session. ENDO-SCOPE 3RDWest Zone Convention. DYP Pune. 21-23rd March 2014. PAD Plus Device For Root Canal Disinfection-A Case Series
- A secured second rank in the postgraduate MUHS university examination (conservative dentistry and endodontics) held in May-June 2014. Received Vice-Chancellors merit certificate from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik on 25 May 2015.
- Received outstanding performance by achieving the Third Place, at National Level in the branch of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics at 30th IACDE and 23rd IES National Conference held at Amritsar 26-29thNov 2015.
- Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik. Avishkar Festival 2015, held on 17/12/2015.
- Guest speaker for the second BDS orientation program at VSPM DCRC. 24thSep 2019
- Regional Children Science Congress organized by CSIR NEERI and JNU Pune at Nagpur 14-19thnov 2019. Lecture topic Cosmetology.
- Received the third prize for Oral presentation at 11thNational Conference on Solid State Chemistry and Allied areas in the Category of Life Sciences held at Tuli Imperial Nagpur 20th and 21st December 2019.
- Chaired Poster Presentation session in ENDO-SCOPE 4thWEST ZONE CONVENTION, Indore. 28th Feb-1 March 2015.
Dr. Pratik Burad, Sr.Lecturer
- Publication: 4 in international journals with 1 book published in 2020.
- Organized Guidance program on Basics of Endodontic treatment in Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics by Dr.AjitShaligram, DRRK Dental College, Akola January 2019
- Course Coordinator and organizer of One day lecture and hands-on program ‘Posterior Composite Restoration- Transforming black to white in the Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics by Dr.ChetanaMakade, DRRK Dental College, Akola. March 2019
- Poster presentation in 29thIACDE & 22nd IES National Conference. Jaipur, December 2014.
- Guest lecture in one day Hands-on workshop on Advanced endodontics ‘Restoring roots for conserving tooth’. Nagpur September 2019.
- Poster presentation in 30thIACDE & 23rd IES National Conference, Amritsar. November 2015
- Paper presentation in Endovista, Terna Dental College, Navi Mumbai, February 2016
- Paper presentation in 17thIACDE- IES PG Convention, People’s Dental College, Bhopal. April 2016
Dr.Ankita D. Ramteke, Sr. Lecturer
- Publication: 2 articles in international journal and 1 book published.
- Scientific Poster presentation at 31thIACDE- 24rd IES PG National Conference, Kolkata
- Scientific Poster presentation at IACDE, CONS & ENDO DAY. VPDC, SANGLI
- Scientific paper at XIIth Annual Scientific Convention, VPDC, Sangli
- Scientific paper presentation at 19thIACDE-IES National PG Convention, Gulbarga
Dr. Leena Bhede, Senior Lecturer
- Have 2 Publication in International journals
- Have one Publication in National Journal
- Got sponsorship for Thesis in Post Graduate from World renowned Brasseler Company US
- Have Done Paper Presentation in National Conferences State level.
- Have done Poster Presentation in National and state level Conference
- Have attended many National and State level conferences
- Member of JCI Medico, Nagpur.
Dr. Aishwarya M. Akotkar, Sr. Lecturer
- Publication: 1 article in international journal.
- Scientific Poster presentation at 32nd IACDE and 25th IES national Conference, Ahmedabad
- Scientific paper presentation at IACDE PG Convention 2019, Chandigarh.
- Scientific paper presentation at Endovista 2019, Terna, Mumbai
Dr. Varsha. S.Uttarwar, Lecturer
- Practical Co-ordinator for Muhs PG &UG exams for the last 5yrs.
- KAP Custodian for Muhs Theory Assessment
- Core committee member of VSPMs Mentorship Cell
- Certificate of Poster presentation – Teacher – Scope of Dentistry, Maharashtra State Level Conference organized by Medical education trust unit NKPSIMS, 13thJan 2012
- E-Poster presentation on 21st-century dental education: the right perspective held on 11thJan 2014
- Paper presentation at Nidacon 2019 Nagpur, on Scope of Dentistry as perceived by fresh students of Dentistry.
- Speaker at Interns Orientation Programme held on 24th-26thSept 2019, Topic-Gender Equity.
- Speaker at Final BDS Orientation Programme Sept 2019 on Mentorship Programme.
Dr.Vidya Mokhade, Lecturer
- Scientific Poster presentation – Scope of dentistry As presented by perceived by fresh students of dentistry KAP study – At Maharashtra State Level Conference organized by Medical education trust unit, NKPSIMS, 13thJan 2012
- E –Poster presentation on 21st-century Dental Education: the right perspective held on 11thJan 2014
- Awards Committee Member in Dhadkan 2017, AURA from 30thJanuary to 9th February 2017.
- Participated in Cricket at Dhadkan 2017 Aura from 30thJanuary to 9th February 2017.
- Participated in Tree Plantation, Glaucoma Awareness, and Dental Camp on the occasion of Cons-Endo Day on 5thMarch 2018.
- Conducted Poster competition for 2nd-year students –SMILE- on 5thMarch 2019
Departmental Research is mainly focused on developing & comparing newer and better materials and techniques in the field of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics. With a wide arena of materials available today, it is important to appraise the further prospects and obstacles which it may pose.
Academically the department displays virtuosity in research with 238 publication and research work, 2 books, 2 chapters in a book and two patents. Thus the primary focus of the Department is to juxtapose the latest available materials and techniques to achieve a superior clinical outcome.
- “GP HERB CARE” (equipment Patent) publication date 5/1/2018.Dr.Chetana Makade, Dr.Pratima Shenoi
- Herbal decontamination of toothbrush (Idea Patent) publication date 16/02/2018.
Dr.Chetana Makade,Dr.Pratima Shenoi
Inclusive innovations (AVISHKAR)
- Herbal Disinfection of GP Cones 2nd Prize MUHS 2015.Dr.Chetana Makade
- Reattachment of tooth fragment using different storage media 1st Prize MUHS 2016.Dr.Swati Demle
- GP –Herbcare 1st Prize MUHS 2017.Dr.Chetana Makade
- Gypsm Products and its environmental hazards, awareness among practitioners of Central India 1st Prize MUHS Ravishankar 2018,2nd Prize at state level Avishkar 2019.
Total Research projects completed to date: 180
Ongoing Research Projects: 22
Direct Composite Veneer
Fiber Post An Core
Light Cure Gic (Abrasion)
|2||Calcium Hydroxide With SAF|
|3||Cement Filling / Dressing|
|4||Calcium Hydroxide With GIC|
|5||Composite Filling Light Cure|
|7||Gold Filling (Inlay)|
|10||Pin Retained Amalgam/ Bonded Restoration|
|12||Composite Laminates- Direct|
|13||Indirect Composite Restoration|
|15||Porcelain Facing With Metal Backing|
|16||Full Ceramic Crown|
|17||Post And Core (Cast)|
|18||Fibre Post Core|
|19||Root Canal Treatment Conventional|
|21||Root Canal Treatment With Thermafil|
|22||Root Canal Treatment With Obtura (II)|
|23||Root Canal Treatment With Calamus|
|25||Surgical Endodontics (Microscope)|
|26||Crown Lengthening Procedures|
|27||Home Bleaching (Micro – Macro Abrasion)|
|28||Vital Bleaching (Zoom)|
|29||Vital/ Non Vital Office Bleach|
|30||X – Ray|