Sarathi Mentorship Program
Functions & Objectives of the Committee
- To look into and solve the problems faced by the students with regard to academics, interpersonal, social & psychological issues.
- To guide & counsel the students for better outcome with regards to attendance, academic performance and evaluation of shortcomings by suggestive interaction.
- To organize student/parent meetings with staff for better understanding & development.
- To provide emotional support to students with better student-teacher relationship.
- To develop overall positive approach of students towards learning.
SOP of the Committee
“Mentorship is an informal relationship between a student and a professional adult to promote the students knowledge, skills or career. Mentors can provide personal and professional support to the mentees and can give advice and guidance regarding their career prospects and share their personal experiences which can be helpful to them.
Orientation programmers are carried out for the students of all years to sensitize students towards their expected behavior with faculty, colleagues, juniors and regarding their appropriate behavior in the campus through the book on code of conduct. Workshops on communication skills are carried out for language and communication skill development of the students by the mentors.
There are three mentor-mentee sessions in an academic year. But mentees are free to approach their mentors as and when the need arises.
- 1st session: – Ice breaking games and introduction
- 2nd session: – Discussion with mentees regarding their strengths and weaknesses in academics. Interaction with mentees on the following topics-
- Research avenues
- Quiz/Essay competition
- Seminars/Poster presentations
- Dental materials (Best from waste)
- Discipline, Rules, Regulations
- MUHS/DCI regulations
- Family History
- SVSPM Family Information/li>
- Anti ragging committee and punishment for ragging
- Physical & Mental health related issues
- Exercise & Diet
- Social media pros & cons
- Improvement of communication and language skills development.
- Hidden talents-any extracurricular activities or any areas of passion.
- 3rd session: – Guidance regarding preparation of exams, stress management, time management. The mentoring session’s help in developing leadership skills as the mentors provide a helping hand and encourage the mentees to go that extra mile to attain their goals.
Parent –Teachers meetings
Parent –Teachers meetings are held twice in a year. On the day of the PTM the parents are briefed about the mandatory rules of MUHS regarding the attendance and completion of students’ projects. Feedback is collected from the parents, analyzed and discussed thoroughly by the ug cell, mentors in presence of the Dean for necessary action to be taken. ” Parents are informed about their ward’s academic performance and attendance via email individually by their mentors. “
Feedback Form (Parent)
|Sr. no||Date||Name of the Activity conducted||Details of the Activity|
|1.||Three in a year||Mentor-mentee interactions||Guidance to the mentees regarding their personal, academic problems as mentioned in detail in the reports submitted by mentors|
|2.||03/01/2020||First BDS||Mentors interacted with the parents and there was a discussion regarding the attendance & PCT marks of the students.|
|3.||27/12/2019||Second BDS||Mentors interacted with the parents and there was a discussion regarding the attendance & PCT marks of the students.|
|4.||19/12/2019||Third BDS||Mentors interacted with the parents and there was a discussion regarding the attendance & PCT marks of the students.|
|6.||22/10/2019||Fresher’s Day program||It was organized by 2nd year students to welcome the 1st year students under the guidance of Dean Madam and all 1st & 2nd year mentors. It was marked by a lot of fun filled activities and games. Personality contest was held-
Mr VSPM- Miss VSPM-
|7.||19/10/2019||First year -orientation programme||Dr Usha Radke (Dean) administered the oath to the first year students. Dr Neelam Pande talked about the Mentorship program-SARATHI and the White Coat Ceremony and introduction of first year mentees with their respective mentors was done by Dr Varsha Uttarwar along with the first year mentors.|
|8.||26/09/2019||4th year-Orientation program||Students oriented regarding discipline, code of conduct, gender equity and mentorship programs|
|9.||25/09/2019||3rd year-Orientation program||Students oriented regarding discipline, code of conduct, gender equity and mentorship programs|
|10.||24/09/2019||2ndyear-Orientation program||Students oriented regarding discipline, code of conduct, gender equity and mentorship programs|