In Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology routine hemogram, reporting of cytology & biopsy of oral pathologies is performed. Facilities available are museum, stereomicroscope & Trinocular Research microscope (Olympus BX51) with fluorescent, polarizing, phase contrast microscopy attachment, image analyzer & DP 21 camera for photomicrography.
A Pentahead microscope enables all the co-observers to highlight important specimen area for slide discussion. Histopathology laboratory is equipped with an Automatic tissue processing unit and semi-automatic microtome. Immunohistochemistry laboratory set up promotes research in the department.
- Best teacher award & Best Individual Performer of the year at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Paper presentation in Bangkok. 1-FDI conference, Bangkok, 22-25 Sep 2015.
- LTRG Grant of MUHS on 21/2/2015-Evaluation of expression of Myofibroblasts in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: An Immunohistochemical Study.
- International publication in the Journal of Forensic Dentistry.
- Presented Poster on Oral Field Cancerization on 16th-18th November 2018 at XXVII National IAOMP Amritsar.
- Book publication –“Practical Manual On Oral Histology and Oral Pathology” Elsevier Publication, 2019.
- Paper presentation in an international conference of Forensic odontology at Vadodara.
- Ex-member of BOS (PG Preclinical MUHS Nashik)
- Member of the academic council of DMIMS Sawangi
- Clinicopathologic case presentation at AIIMS Delhi on 6/01/2020.
- Best teacher award of 5th September 2011 at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Best Scientific Paper by IDA in 2001.
- Won 2nd Prize in e – Poster at International Conference on Forensic Odontology” on 30th-31st March 2017.
- Poster presentation on “palliative care in cancer patient” at IAOMP Bhubneshwar -17/11/17
- Speaker at PG Workshop on 25-26th July 2017 at VSPM DCRC.
- Presented Poster on “Vesciculobullous lesion: on 16th-18th November 2018 at XXVII National IAOMP Amritsar.
- Chairperson – College student’s Council committee and SWA(Student welfare Association) 2018
- Scientific Presentations at XXVII National IAOMP Conference 16th -18th November 2018.
- Scientific Presentations at 38th Asia Pacific Dental Congress in HongKong between June 17th-19th 2016.
- Poster presentation in Forensic Conference at Vadodara.
- Faculty for Research Methodology Workshops, Institute of MET and Teachers Training, MUHS University, Nasik, MS, 9/12/2020.
- Faculty teachers training for Institute of MET and Teachers Training, MUHS University, Nasik, Maharashtra, 9/12/2020.
- Member International Association of Oral Pathology, Since 2017.
- Guest Speaker at SDKSD, Nagpur on ‘Forensic Odontology Problem-based learning, Jun 2017.
- The Referee at SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), IND, Dec 2017.
- Faculty in Bioethics for Medical Professional, UNESCO Chair of Haifa, DYP Pune, MS, 3/8/2015 to 6/8/2015.
- Editor in Chief Central India Journal of Dental Sciences, VSPM DCRC, Nagpur, MS. JAN 2016.
- Faculty for basic life support for Medical professionals conducted by IAP at NKPSIMS, Nagpur, MS, Since 6/2/2015.
- Award for ‘Emerging Young Talent’ given by VSPM DCRC, Nagpur, 2014.
- Received “Emerging young talent of the year 2012 award” at VSPMDCRC, Nagpur.
- Jury for Croatian International Journal (Acta. Stomatologia Croatia 2014)
- Selected and Participated in FAIMER fellowship training from 16thto 24th April 2017 at KEM Mumbai.
- Conducted oral cancer screening and prevention modules for medical officers of Public Health Institute (PHI) on 22/6/2017.
- Received Long Term Research grant of MUHS, Nashik on 9/8/2017. Topic—Role of Autophagy in OSMF.
- Faculty/speaker at MUHS workshop for “Basic Teachers Training Workshop, MET Pune” HSRSM Dental College Hingoli from 4th to 6th Oct 2017.
- Paper presentation at World Immunology Congress in Dubai on 14-15th Dec 2017.Topic “Molecular Biology of Oral Cancer and Role of Cyclin D1 in Oral Premalignant Lesions and Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma – A review of the original Study.”
- Conducted special session on “Tobacco and Immunology –A Crosslink” at World Immunology Congress at Dubai on 14-15th Dec 2017.
- Faculty at RR Kambe Dental College for Basic Teachers Training on 4thto 6th Sept 2018 at Akola Dental College.
- Guest Speaker at Online Cancer stem cell conference, Singapore on 25/8/2020.
- World Cancer Congress – 2017 (20-22 Sept 2017) scientific paper presentation on “Relationship of blood group with oral precancer & oral cancer.”
- Speaker & panel member for World Cancer Congress – 2017 (20-22 Sept 2017)
- For securing first prize in competition organized by dept of OMR VSPM DCRC, 10th November 2020 on International Radiology Day
- For securing 1st prize in the 2nd National Symbiotic Interdisciplinary Conference and Competition held from 9th to 11th December 2020
The Department houses sophisticated instruments such as the Trinocular Research microscope along with all the attachments and streomicroscope. Research work is done by the faculty in the areas of interest. Postgraduates, interns and undergraduate students are encouraged for research work under the guidance of the faculty. There are many areas of interests for research like oral precancer and cancer which provide better insight into the subject.
- The Ph.D. course started in the department.
- Innovations carried out in the department in teaching and learning are the use of an LCD display of oral histology slides for I BDS and oral pathology slides for III BDS students.
- The case-based learning model for III BDS students.
Total research projects completed to date:10
Ongoing research projects: 02
LIST OF INVESTIGATIONS
- Complete Haemogram
- Histopathology reporting
- Gram Stain
- Special Stains
LIST OF FACILITIES OFFERED
- Stereo Microscope
- Research Microscope with fluorescent, polarizing & phase-contrast microscopy attachment
- Penta head Microscope.
- Camera for photomicrography
- Image analyzer