In Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology routine hemogram, reporting of cytology & biopsy of oral pathologies is performed. Facilities available are museum, stereomicroscope & Trinocular Research microscope (Olympus BX51) with fluorescent, polarizing, phase contrast microscopy attachment, image analyzer & DP 21 camera for photomicrography.
A Pentahead microscope enables all the co-observers to highlight important specimen area for slide discussion. Histopathology laboratory is equipped with an Automatic tissue processing unit and semi-automatic microtome. Immunohistochemistry laboratory set up promotes research in the department.
- Best teacher award & Best Individual Performer of the year at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Paper presentation in Bangkok. 1-FDI conference, Bangkok, 22-25 Sep 2015.
- LTRG Grant of MUHS on 21/2/2015-Evaluation of expression of Myofibroblasts in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: An Immunohistochemical Study.
- International publication in the Journal of Forensic Dentistry.
- Presented Poster on Oral Field Cancerization on 16th-18th November 2018 at XXVII National IAOMP Amritsar.
- Book publication –“Practical Manual On Oral Histology and Oral Pathology” Elsevier Publication, 2019.
- Paper presentation in an international conference of Forensic odontology at Vadodara.
- Ex-member of BOS (PG Preclinical MUHS Nashik)
- Member of the academic council of DMIMS Sawangi
- Clinicopathologic case presentation at AIIMS Delhi on 6/01/2020.
- Best teacher award of 5th September 2011 at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Best Scientific Paper by IDA in 2001.
- Won 2nd Prize in e – Poster at International Conference on Forensic Odontology” on 30th-31st March 2017.
- Poster presentation on “palliative care in cancer patient” at IAOMP Bhubneshwar -17/11/17
- Speaker at PG Workshop on 25-26th July 2017 at VSPM DCRC.
- Presented Poster on “Vesciculobullous lesion: on 16th-18th November 2018 at XXVII National IAOMP Amritsar.
- Chairperson – College student’s Council committee and SWA(Student welfare Association) 2018
- Scientific Presentations at XXVII National IAOMP Conference 16th -18th November 2018.
- Scientific Presentations at 38th Asia Pacific Dental Congress in HongKong between June 17th-19th 2016.
- Poster presentation in Forensic Conference at Vadodara.
- Faculty for Research Methodology Workshops, Institute of MET and Teachers Training, MUHS University, Nasik, MS, 9/12/2020.
- Faculty teachers training for Institute of MET and Teachers Training, MUHS University, Nasik, Maharashtra, 9/12/2020.
- Member International Association of Oral Pathology, Since 2017.
- Guest Speaker at SDKSD, Nagpur on ‘Forensic Odontology Problem-based learning, Jun 2017.
- The Referee at SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), IND, Dec 2017.
- Faculty in Bioethics for Medical Professional, UNESCO Chair of Haifa, DYP Pune, MS, 3/8/2015 to 6/8/2015.
- Editor in Chief Central India Journal of Dental Sciences, VSPM DCRC, Nagpur, MS. JAN 2016.
- Faculty for basic life support for Medical professionals conducted by IAP at NKPSIMS, Nagpur, MS, Since 6/2/2015.
- Award for ‘Emerging Young Talent’ given by VSPM DCRC, Nagpur, 2014.
- Received “Emerging young talent of the year 2012 award” at VSPMDCRC, Nagpur.
- Jury for Croatian International Journal (Acta. Stomatologia Croatia 2014)
- Selected and Participated in FAIMER fellowship training from 16thto 24th April 2017 at KEM Mumbai.
- Conducted oral cancer screening and prevention modules for medical officers of Public Health Institute (PHI) on 22/6/2017.
- Received Long Term Research grant of MUHS, Nashik on 9/8/2017. Topic—Role of Autophagy in OSMF.
- Faculty/speaker at MUHS workshop for “Basic Teachers Training Workshop, MET Pune” HSRSM Dental College Hingoli from 4th to 6th Oct 2017.
- Paper presentation at World Immunology Congress in Dubai on 14-15th Dec 2017.Topic “Molecular Biology of Oral Cancer and Role of Cyclin D1 in Oral Premalignant Lesions and Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma – A review of the original Study.”
- Conducted special session on “Tobacco and Immunology –A Crosslink” at World Immunology Congress at Dubai on 14-15th Dec 2017.
- Faculty at RR Kambe Dental College for Basic Teachers Training on 4thto 6th Sept 2018 at Akola Dental College.
- Guest Speaker at Online Cancer stem cell conference, Singapore on 25/8/2020.
- Guide/Co-Investigator for Short-Term Studentship (STS-2022) Research project approved by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Selected and Completed the Foundations of Palliative Care 2022 course, jointly organised by St. Christopher’s Hospice (London), Institute of Palliative Medicine- WHO Collaborating Centre for Community Participation in Palliative Care and Long Term Care (India), Sanjeevan Palliative Care Program (India), and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (Bangladesh).
- Felicitated for being the Consecutive Winner in National Symbiotic Interdisciplinary Competition on “National Oral Pathologist Day 2021” at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Felicitated for Highest Voluntary Blood Donation on “World Blood Donor Day 2020” at NKP SIMS, Nagpur.
- Won 1st Prize in Paper presentation at 2nd National Symbiotic Interdisciplinary Conference and Competition Dec-2020 at SPDC, DMIMS, Wardha.
- Won 1st Prize in Paper presentation at 1st National Symbiotic Interdisciplinary Presentation & Quiz Competition Jan-2020 at SPDC, DMIMS, Wardha.
- Won 1st Prize in Paper presentation (Original Research) at NIDACON 2020, Nagpur.
- Won 1st Prize in Mask-it Selfie Contest, E-Link Fest 2020 at VSPM DCRC, Nagpur.
- Won 1st Prize in Slogan Competition organized by Indian Orthodontic Society (IOS) at SDKS Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur.
- Cultural Officer in College student’s Council committee and SWA in 2016, 2017,2018 & 2019.
- Won 2nd prize in monoact in SPANDAN MUHS Nashik-2/3/17 -5/3/17.
- Chairing the session at International conference on Forensic Odontology on 10-12 March 2017 in dept. of oral pathology & microbiology King George’s Medical University U.P., Lucknow.
- 1st prize in e-poster in International conference on Forensic Odontology at King George’s Medical University U.P., Lucknow on 10-12 March 2016.
- Excellence certificate of Dhadkan 2016 in 1st prize of carom on 30 Jan -13 feb 2016.
- Appreciation certificate for Guest Lecture in First BDS Orientation programme, on 6th Oct. 2015.
- Indian journal of applied research : a case report of Desmoplastic Ameloblastoma on 5-9 Sept. 2015.
- The Ph.D. course started in the department.
- Innovations carried out in the department in teaching and learning are the use of an LCD display of oral histology slides for I BDS and oral pathology slides for III BDS students.
- The case-based learning model for III BDS students.
RESEARCH DETAILSTotal research projects completed to date:49
Ongoing research projects: 03
LIST OF INVESTIGATIONS
- Complete Haemogram
- Histopathology reporting
- Gram Stain
- Special Stains
LIST OF FACILITIES OFFERED
- Stereo Microscope
- Research Microscope with fluorescent, polarizing & phase-contrast microscopy attachment
- Penta head Microscope.
- Camera for photomicrography
- Image analyzer