VSPM Dental College & Research Centre has a spacious library divided into reading, reference, journal and internet sections. Library has separate facilities for undergraduates & postgraduates. Library is operational with 5588 textbooks & 1312 References books & spread across 11000 sq ft area.
Library is digital with Wi-Fi system and internet connectivity. Students & teachers have access to e-journal. Institute affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science has a e -library (open source digital library) and this institute is authorized through a member login to use this web based electronic storage of health science information.
Institute is a members of the clinical key subscription in which currently there are 600 full text articles and 1000 e-books available which students and teachers staff can access.
Library is automated using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS)
SOFTLIB, the Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) in our institute is a computer-based system used to manage internal and external resources including tangible assets, financial resources, materials, and human resources. It is a library automation system to simplify tasks such as acquisition, cataloging, and circulation commonly done in the library.
SOFTLIB in our institute was commissioned in the year 2006 and working on Partial automation. SOFTLIB consolidates all our library operations into a uniform and enterprise-wide system.
SOFTLIB encompasses complete library processes with advance features such as
- Acquisition of Books & other materials, Cardex Material (News Paper, Magazines, etc.) and Journals (Periodicals)
- The requisition of new material to acquire is made by the member of the library having member No. and respective passwords.
- Delivery Challan module is designed to keep track of material(s) received from the vendor to whom we had placed the order.
- A unique Identification Number called Accession Number is been allotted to the new materials entered in the main entry form. The material once accessioned becomes the property of the Library and we get correct AACR2 (Anglo American Representation – II) Catalogue Cards.
- Cardex Daily Entry helps us to check details of issues, subscriptions, maintain accounts, etc
- Issue Arrival Entry is done to keep check of issues of subscription.
- Article Indexing is done after receiving the Issue of Periodical journals.
- Required information, records, transaction, Financial Year Wise reports, etc. are obtained in Graphical way of presentation.
- Barcode Labeling of books and library materials is employed for inventory management as well as easy retrieval of books and assigning it to the borrower.
- Automated transaction process – It keeps track of the process of issue, returns dates, dues collection, etc
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is an inbuilt system used to search the library database of material and its current status in the vast inventory of the library. This makes available on a single screenshot the entire spectrum of the materials presents in the Bibliotheque. Cataloging is done Author wise, Title wise, Publisher wise, Subject wise, ISBN No. wise
- The software also provides the facility to handle the budget for the Acquisition of library materials.
|Dr. Abhay Kolte||Professor & Head||Chairperson|
|Dr. Usha Shenoy||Professor & HOD||Member|
|Dr. Neelam Pande||Professor||Member|
|Dr. Mukta Motwani||Professor & HOD||Member|
|Dr. Shubhangi Khandekar||Professor||Member|
|Dr. Rajesh Kubde||Professor||Member|
|Dr. Devendra Nagpal||Professor & Head||Member|
|Mrs. Asawari Mahatma||Head Librarian||Member|