Research Methodology & Scientific Writing
VSPM Dental College and Research Centre, Nagpur has started an e-learning course titled ‘Research Methodology & Scientific Writing’. This is an initiative by Interns Monitoring & E-learning Committee with an intent to inculcate skills of conducting authentic research amongst the dental undergraduates.
The course has a hybrid structure including online live session, offline discussion forum as well as face to face mentoring and online assignments and quiz.
A hands-on experience in the form of research project to be completed in stipulated time is also an integral component of this course.
Students pursuing BDS course
- The course is divided in four modules: 20 hours
- Project work: 6 months
Mode of course delivery:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous
- Understanding of Research Concepts & Methodology.
- Choose the right research design for different research questions.
- Record and Analyses data using basic statistical techniques.
- Interpret analysis of data and report findings for publishing in the form of manuscript preparation and submission.
- Dr Surekha Rathod (Prof Dept of Periodontics, Chairperson Intern’s Monitoring Committee),
- Dr Saee Deshpande (Assoc Prof, Dept of Prosthodontics, co-ordinator e-learning committee).
- Dr Vrushali Modi (Sr Lecturer, Dept of Periododntics), Dr Pranjali Bawankar (Sr Lecturer)
- Dept of Periododntics) and Dr Jaishree Chahande (Lecturer, Dept of Prosthodontics).
The first batch of this course commenced on 8th June 2021 and is administered through institutional learning management system Moodle. 100 interns have registered for this course.